Wednesday, August 22, 2007

510- THE THEORY

I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHY THE GOVERNOR IS ACTING SO STUPID ABOUT THE LABOR AND IMMIGRATION BILL AND HIS STUBBORN STANCE AGAINST IT


After a few times mentioning there must be some self serving and greedy motive I finally came to this conclusion. This is just my speculation and is not based on any facts or research, its just a swing in the dark relying on instinct only. Here is my written theory........

MY THEORY ON FITIAL 8/22/2007
I have been wondering for quiet sometime as to why the governor was being so block headed, stubbornly sticking to an absolute defiance of the changes being made by the U.S. Congress on federalizing labor and immigration. Not only arguing against the take-over but not even contributing to the terms and conditions of the bill. As I’ve been saying there must be some deal or some type of personal benefit that he will be losing by having the Fed’s take over the L& I and tonight, however I think I’ve hit on a possible reason for all his stubbornness. Here are my thoughts. Ben Tan and his brother Willie want to start their own small airline company, but with the federal government now watching over L & I, and having to approve all actions of all tourists and foreigners coming and going to and from the CNMI, Fitial would loose a great negotiating power by not having single handed control as how the airlines would operate, dictating who may come and who may go. I can see how this would be a major stumbling block to a free rein of the industry. This could be the possible reason to his defiant, stubborn and total rejection of any control of L & I by anyone other then himself. Herein lays the motive for the course of action he is taking, and the root of that is greed and selfishness. One can easily see through the problems that the Fed’s may cause by taking over L & I, and the amount of power that would be lost by Fitial. Simple when it is laid out in the open, if this not the reason for being block headed then it’s still something of a personal and selfish nature for him to be so vehemently against everything.
Written by:
GLEN DOUTRICH
.....GED.....

1 comment:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Here's hooping that the airline in question comes into being and prospers. It would be great not to be lashed to the coat tails of Connie and NW and subjuct to their wanna monopoly whims.

It would be great to be out from under the confining stricture of the FAA so we could invite any airline we wished to come and serve our tourist trade. That won't happen of course because of the huge money paid by the US airline lobby to the pacs of and the pockets of US Legislators and bureaucrats.

As to your theory: Could be.