Sunday, December 30, 2007

886- A LESSON IN LIFE

DON'T QUIT ALL THE GOOD STUFF
Here's why:
The Bum Rap
A man walking
in the city was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby bum, who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner. The man took twenty dollars out of his pocket, and asked, "If I gave you this money, would you take it and buy whiskey?"
"No, I stopped drinking years ago," the bum said. "Would you use it to gamble?" "I don't gamble - I need anything I can get just to stay alive." "Would you go to a hooker?" "Absolutely not! I haven't had sex since my dear wife died in '93." "Would you use the money for greens fees at a golf course?" "Are you nuts? I haven't played golf for 20 years!"
The man said, "I'm not going to give you $20.00. Instead, I'm going to bring you to my home for a terrific dinner cooked by my wife." The bum was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that? I know I'm dirty, and I probably smell lousy." The man replied, "That's OK- I just want her to see what happens to a man who's given up drinking, gambling, sex and playing golf!"
It's the better things in life that count the most!
.....GED.....

No comments: