Saturday, April 28, 2007

212- TRAVEL GUFFS

SOMETIMES EVEN TRAVEL AGENTS CAN GET CONFUSED
Here are some stories from a travel agents book of bloopers. Here we go........... I have been a Travel Agent for thirty Years. This is why we're in trouble!
I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window........ I got a call from a lawmaker's wife who asked, "Is it possible to see England from Canada ?" I said, "No." She said, "But they look so close on the map."........
An aide for a Bush cabinet member once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas . When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas . When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, "I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between the gates to save time."........ An Illinois Congresswoman called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20 a.m. and got into Chicago at 8:33 a.m. I tried to explain that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois , but she could not understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went very fast, and she bought that!.......
I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these darn planes have numbers on them.".......
A senior Senator called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China . After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him that he needed a visa. "Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those." I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!"
Have a very nice trip!...... ...........GED...........

No comments: