Tuesday, July 31, 2007

440- ANSWERING MACHINES

THE ANSWERING MACHINE, A GOOD WAY TO EXPRESS SOME OFF-THE-WALL HUMOR
Here are a few recordings that may produce a chuckle........Answering Machine Messages.
"I can't come to the phone now because I have amnesia and I feel stupid talking to people I don't remember. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out by leaving my name and telling me something about myself. Thanks."
"Greetings, you have reached the Sixth Sense Detective Agency. We know how you are and what you want, so at the sound of the tone, please hang up."
"The number you've dialed is purely imaginary. Please multiply by one and dial again."
Hi, the answering machine is broken. This is the refrigerator. Please speak very slowly, and I'll stick your message to the door with one of these magnets that hang around here."
"This is not an answering machine -- this is a telepathic thought-recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling, and a number where I can reach you, and I'll think about returning your call."
"Hello, I'm not home right now, but I can take a message. Hang on a second while I get a pencil." (background noise --open a drawer and shuffle stuff around) "Okay, what would you like me to tell me?"
Do you have a favorite that maybe you have on your phone or one you would like to share? Just leave a "comment" Thank you. ........GED........

1 comment:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Mine used to say:


No thanks, I've already got one. I gave at the office. I've already been saved. Everyone else leave a number, I'll give you a call when I get around to it.