Monday, July 16, 2007

397- ALLOW LAND SALES

I HAVE BEEN THERE, SEEN IT, DONE IT, I KNOW IT
“It doesn't make sense.” This is what former CNMI Supreme Court chief justice Jose Dela Cruz said of the current government's policy on land lease for private properties as well as landownership in the CNMI.
I was in Hawaii in the 80's when the land and development boom was going full tilt. I was building Golf Developments for Investors.
The locals cried, "they're taking all our land.' I will tell you something that's very important to you people here, listen to me!
THEY COULDN'T TAKE IT HOME WITH THEM. IT STAYED THERE, IT'S STILL THERE. It will always be there. The investors left Hawaii, and do you know what, they left the land there, amazing isn't it. Left the land there and their money too. What are you afraid of, that someone will buy your beach and go to Korea, taking it with them? Won't happen, never did, never will. I know! Selling and buying properties will be the economy this place needs. But you can remain uninformed, and not listen to me, so it goes. If you wanna get your shit together, allow land sales. This is the only time I'm going to say this. This is the best piece of advice you will ever get for free. Go ahead, ask me! I'm finished now. Think abouttit. .....GED..... See post #381

No comments: