Sunday, May 27, 2007

287- THE DUKE -100th BIRTHDAY

ENJOYED THE MOVIES, A SALUTE TO YA' PARTNER
Born Marion Robert Morrison on May 26, 1907, the ultra-manly star changed his name to John Wayne in 1930 at the suggestion of film maker Raoul Walsh. He also earned the nickname "the Duke" during a career marked by his portrayals of rugged heroes.The people of Winterset, Iowa, held festivities Saturday for the US town's most famous son, the "True Grit" cowboy actor John Wayne, who was born there 100 years ago, organizers and local media reported.... Quotes from the Duke:..... John: I've had three wives, six children and six grandchildren and I still don't understand women.... John: Never say sorry - it's a sign of weakness.... John: Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home.... John: Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.... John: I never trust a man that doesn't drink.... John: Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.... John: I'm an American actor. I work with my clothes on. I have to. Riding a horse can be pretty tough on your legs and else wheres.... John: Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much.... John: Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. A true American icon, we all enjoyed the moments you gave us. Rest in Peace. ......GED.....

No comments: